- Roadside assistance is standard with all breakdown policies, so even if you have the most basic level of cover, you will be able to get roadside help if you experience a problem. This excludes breakdowns at home and is only valid for breakdowns while on the road, more than 1 mile from your home address.
- Cover applies within the territorial limits, more than one mile from your home address. If local recovery is not possible at the time of the Breakdown, or the repair cannot be made within the same day, we will arrange for you, your vehicle and up to 4 passengers to be transported to your home or original destination within the territorial limits.
- It’s not unusual to break down at home, especially in cold weather when engines struggle to start. Basic breakdown policies do not cover this kind of assistance, so make sure you know what policy you have before you call to claim. If we are unable to effect repairs or repairs will take longer than 30 minutes, we will arrange and pay for You, Your Vehicle, and up to 4 passengers to be recovered to the nearest suitable garage within 25 miles able to undertake the repair.
- Onward travel is an option that can provide you with a courtesy car, alternative transport or an overnight stay in a hotel should you break down somewhere far away from home, making it ideal for anyone who is required to travel regularly for work. Types of onward travel cover vary greatly between companies so always ask for more details.
European Breakdown Cover
- European cover can be bought as an add-on to your existing cover or as a standalone policy altogether. It can also be purchased as single-trip, multi-trip, or annual cover to suit your travel needs.