Compare Energy Prices
Switching Energy Providers
* Over 5.8 Million people switched their electricity energy provider last year according to the industry trade association, Energy UK. ** The energy regulator Ofgem said that customers who switched to a new tariff saved an average of £300 during a switching trial of 50,000 customers who were on a standard tariff for 3 years or more with one of the top 6 energy suppliers.
PocketRate have teamed up with Ofgem accredited price comparison website, Quotezone, to provide our energy comparison system - allowing you to compare the cheapest prices of dual energy tariffs and switch gas and electricity providers.
The benefit of convenience associated with dual fuel is that you only need to deal with one company should there be a bill query, complaint or when moving home. Certain suppliers will also offer the convenience of a single bill.
The energy results allow you to switch between comparing dual tariffs, to electricity only tariffs and gas only tariffs without entering your information again, so you can be sure to find the best deal for your needs.
Switch in minutes
It only takes a couple of minutes to compare gas and electricity suppliers – simply provide some basic information about your current energy supply on our online form to find out how much you could save on your energy bills.
The Big Six
The largest companies that supply most of the UK domestic energy are often referred to as the 'Big Six'. They are:
- Centrica plc. (British Gas) - the largest UK energy supplier.
- E.ON UK - owned by E.ON based in Germany with around 4.3 million UK customer.
- Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) - includes the brands Southern Electric, Scottish Hydro, SWALEC and Atlantic.
- npower - have around 4.84 million business and residential energy accounts.
- EDF Energy - the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity and the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain.
- ScottishPower - they provide energy to over 5 million households and businesses in the UK.
Energy Providers Compared
The energy comparison system provides quotes from across the market. Some of the suppliers it compares include:
- British Gas
- EDF Energy
- Sainsbury's Energy
- Pure Planet
- Good Energy
- Green Star Energy
- OVO Energy
- The Utility Warehouse
- ZOG Energy
The quote system is owned and operated by Seopa Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
* Energy UK research - https://www.energy-uk.org.uk/media-and-campaigns/press-releases/440-2019/7032-nearly-400-000-customers-switch-in-january.html
** Ofgem trial - https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/publications-and-updates/eight-times-many-people-get-better-deal-ofgem-s-collective-switch-trial