When you switch insurance companies the new insurer will request proof of your No Claims Bonus or No Claims Discount as it is sometimes called.

You can provide this proof in one of three ways:

  1. A copy of your renewal letter from your current/old insurer. This will state how many years you have earned and is usually sufficient proof for your new insurance company.
  2. A simple letter from your current/previous insurance company stating the number of NCB years you have. You will need to request this from the company.
  3. A copy of a cancellation letter from your previous insurance company. However, not all companies will necessarily include the NCB years you have.

Latest Car Insurance Deals

  • SAVE up to *£324
  • Compare 132 companies
Show Me
  • 3 Million+ Users
  • SAVE up to *£290
Show Me
  • 600,000+ customers
  • No credit checks
  • Mobile app based
Show Me
  • Less you drive, less you pay
  • No mileage limit
Show Me
  • Short-Term 1 hour to 28 days
  • Get cover in minutes
Show Me
  • From just £65.21 a month
  • Learn in parent's, friend's or your car
Show Me


  1. If available, use their online document upload tool.
  2. If acceptable, send them a photo of your proof from your phone.
  3. Send them a physical copy of the document in the post.

*Quotezone - 51% could save £290.68 on their Car Insurance - calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next three cheapest prices on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website (November 2021)

*Confused - Based on data provided by Consumer Intelligence Ltd (April '22). 51% of car insurance customers could save £324.43