When you switch insurance companies the new insurer will request proof of your No Claims Bonus or No Claims Discount as it is sometimes called.
You can provide this proof in one of three ways:
- A copy of your renewal letter from your current/old insurer. This will state how many years you have earned and is usually sufficient proof for your new insurance company.
- A simple letter from your current/previous insurance company stating the number of NCB years you have. You will need to request this from the company.
- A copy of a cancellation letter from your previous insurance company. However, not all companies will necessarily include the NCB years you have.
HOW DO I SEND THIS PROOF TO MY NEW CAR INSURANCE COMPANY?
- If available, use their online document upload tool.
- If acceptable, send them a photo of your proof from your phone.
- Send them a physical copy of the document in the post.